Skull always attracts attention
Welcome to London
It’s a time-honored tradition at Navy homecomings – one lucky sailor is chosen to be first off the ship for the long-awaited kiss with a loved one.
Today, for the first time, the happily reunited couple was gay.
The dock landing ship Oak Hill has been gone for nearly three months, training with military allies in Central America.
As the homecoming drew near, the crew and ship’s family readiness group sold $1 raffle tickets for the first kiss. Petty Officer 2nd Class Marissa Gaeta bought 50 - which is actually fewer than many people buy, she said, so she was surprised Monday to find out she’d won.
Her girlfriend of two years, Petty Officer 3rd Class Citlalic Snell, was waiting when she crossed the brow.
They kissed. The crowd cheered. And with that, another vestige of the policy that forced gays to serve in secrecy vanished.
By Corinne Reilly
© December 21, 2011
First post, thought I’d do this as a getting to know me kinda deal:
Pick your top 5 shows, and answer the following questions.
1. Stargate Atlantis
2. Hawaii Five-0
5. Once Upon A Time
1. Who is your favorite character in 2? Steve McGarrett
2. Who is your least favorite character in 1? Jennifer Keller
3. What’s your favorite episode of 4? Let Your Hair Down, the latest one where Monroe and Nick find the girl in the woods. I love how each of them calmed her in their own way, Monroe showing her she wasn’t alone and Nick reminding her who she was before.
4. What is your favorite season of 5? There’s only one season, but it’s been amazing so far!
5. What’s your favorite relationship in 3? Sam/Dean
6. Who is your anti relationship in 2? Danny/Rachel
7. How long have you watched 1? Since the first episode, all five seasons.
8. How did you become interested in 3? I started watching because my brother told me that there was a show on he thought I’d like. Thanks, T.
9. Who is your favorite actor in 4? Oh, this is a tough pick between David (Nick) and Silas (Monroe). I choose both!
10. Which show do you prefer 1, 2, or 5? Oh, man this is a tough one, because Hawaii Five-0 has consumed my life but I was devastated when Stargate Atlantis was canceled. Once Upon A Time is so new that if it were not picked up, it wouldn’t be too much of a bad thing (I’d be pissed for a little while, though!)
11. Which show have you seen more episodes of 1 or 3? Hmmm, I’ve seen every single episode of Stargate Atlantis but not all of Supernatural.
12. If you could be anyone from 4, who would you be? I’d love to be the knucklehead sidekick, Monroe! But being able to see these creatures and stop and/or help them, then I’d have to choose Nick.
13. How would you kill off your favorite character in 1? They’d all die saving Earth from a big baddie.
14. Would a 3/4 crossover work? Grimm/Supernatural? Monroe and the Winchesters? HELL YES!
15. Pair two characters in 1 that would make an unlikely, but strangely okay couple. Teyla/Rodney
16. Overall, which show has a better cast, 3 or 5? I would not be able to choose between J2M, and Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Ginnifer Woodwin, Josh Dallas, and Jamie Dornan!
17. Which has better theme music, 2 or 4? Hawaii Five-0.